Cytonn: Senior Legal Analyst Job 2019
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal
Closing Date: August 14th, 2019
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Cytonn Investments is looking to employ an energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team. The Senior Legal Analyst shall provide Company secretarial services, and manage the legal aspects of various real estate developments of Cytonn Real Estate. The position will afford successful individuals a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan.
- Advising on all matters regarding Investments and real estate; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions
- Developing Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business
- Executing the legal real estate strategy across the project life-cycle; including deal origination, conveyancing, project management and facilities management
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts
- Liaising with external lawyers
- Designing commercial and legal structures that lead to innovative solutions
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Taking up Company Secretarial roles within the Cytonn Group
- At least three years relevant experience in the conveyancing department of a busy law firm or corporation
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing ( a Commissioner for Oaths will be an added advantage)
- A Certified Public Secretary
- A Second Class Upper Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of conveyancing practice
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure
The Senior Legal Analyst shall have the opportunity to practice as a company secretary, work in a dynamic legal team, manage and lead real estate transactions, and therefore hone their legal skills in a diverse financial services and real estate company.