You can check KCPE class of results by sending an SMS together with the Index Number followed by the initials KCPE to 20076 from Safaricom, Airtel or Telcom. SMS costs Ksh. 20 across all networks.
- Go to Messages on your phone
- Input your index number
- Send to SMS code 20076
- You will receive your results confirmation message
How to check KCPE results online
To check the results for KCPE 2020/21 online
- On your browser via computer or phone
- Visit K.N.E.C website www.knec.ac.ke
- Next, enter your Index number.
- Click submit
KCPE RESULTS- The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exam results have been released. The results are now available, online. Candidates who sat for the exam can check their results using three ways:
- Using KNEC SMS code 20076
- Using an online KNEC portal
- Visiting respective school
CHECKING KCPE RESULTS USING SMS CODE 20076
This is the most effective and fastest way of checking for the results. To get KCPE results by SMS a candidate is required to send an SMS with your Index Number to 20076.
The service is available via the three network providers in the country Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks. Send the SMS in the Format: Index Number KCPE. Do not leave a space between Index number and KCPE; Also write KCPE in Capital letters.
The cost of each SMS is Sh.25.
CHECKING KCPE RESULTS USING KNEC ONLINE PORTAL
To use this method to check results you only need to remember your index number and access your mobile phone or computer Here is the procedure:
- Visit the Official KNEC website (knec.ac.ke)
- Check for the KCPE Results tab, click on it
- Select the year you sat for the Exams
- Enter your Index number.
- Finally click the Submit button.
- Your KCPE results should show on the screen after a while.
Visiting former Primary School
Finally, candidates can check their KCPE results by visiting their former schools a day after the official release of the exam.
Downloading full School’s Results
Download the full centre’s results, after they have been announced, at: http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke
Release Of Examinations Results
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to bring the following information to the attention of all institutions presenting candidates for the KNEC examinations:
Examination Results Slips and Printouts
Each of the institutions that enter candidates for the KNEC examinations shall receive a hard copy of the institution’s examination results printout and result slips which captures the following information:
1. Institution’s Code and Name
This appears on the top left side of the printout. The institution’s code is a unique number by which an examination centre is identified by the Council. This is the number that an institution should always quote whenever communicating with KNEC.
2. Candidates Details
Below the institution’s name and code are details of the candidates. These details include the index number of the candidate, year of examination, gender, individual subject grades and the mean grade.
The important features of the examination results are as indicated below:-
- X – denotes an absent candidate. A candidate is declared absent if he/she did not sit for one or all papers in the examination. However, for the KCPE examination results, the symbol AB indicates an absence;
- Y- denotes that the candidate was involved in an examination irregularity. For the KCPE examination results, the symbol 00 indicates an irregularity;
- P- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been pended due to infringement on the entry requirements for the examination e.g. incorrect KCPE details for entry in KCSE examination;
- W- denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been withheld on suspicion that the candidate has been involved in an examination malpractice and investigations are ongoing;
- U- denotes ungraded examination results due to infringement of the awards criteria.
Mean Grade Award Descriptions
- Mean grade will be X, if a candidate is absent in all subjects
- Mean grade will be Y , if one or more subjects are cancelled.
- Mean grade will be U, if the entry requirements for the KCSE examination are not met
- Mean grade will be CRNM, if the course requirements for the Teacher education, Business and Technical examinations are not met
- Mean grade will be P, if results are pended
- Mean grade will be W, if the examination results are withheld;
The details of pended, withheld and irregularities are communicated to the institution through the Sub County Director of Education at the time of release of the examination results and are received by the institutions at the same time with the examination results.
Release Of Certificates
Once certificates for a specific examination are ready for collection/dispatch from KNEC, the institutions shall be informed through the mass and print media, Sub County Directors of Education and/or the heads of institutions:
All certificates for regular candidates are issued through the Heads of Schools/Institutions and to private candidates through the Sub County Directors of Education.
The Kenya National Examinations Council reserves the right to withdraw a certificate for amendment or for any other reason should this be necessary.
Upon the release of KCPE and KCSE examinations, the candidates can access their results through SMS number provided during the official release of results. The KCPE candidates are expected to access their result slips through the KNEC website immediately after release of the examination in their respective schools.