Best Electric Cars In Kenya
Types of Electric Cars in Kenya
- TESLA MODEL Y PROPULSIÓN (2022) – KES 8 million.
- MG ZS EV (2021) – KES 6.1 million.
- HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC – KES 8.9 million.
- RENAULT ZOE – KES 4.3 million.
- CUPRA BORN – KES 5.9 million.
- TESLA MODEL 3 PROPULSION (2022) – KES 7.3 million.
- BMW I4 – KES 6.9 million.
- NIO ET7 – KES 8.7 million.
Are electric cars available in Kenya?
In Kenya, the adoption of EVs is picking up pace, and recent figures from the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) report reveal an impressive 108 percent increase in EV sales during the 2022-2023 financial year.
How much does it cost to charge electric cars in Kenya?
According to Kenya Power, electric vehicle users will be paying Ksh. 17 for a unit of electricity compared to Ksh. 27 for a unit of power for domestic users.
How much is a Tesla in Kenya?
Taxed Prices: Tesla Model Y – KES 10, 815,000. Model 3 – KES 6,489,000.
How long does it take to charge an electric car in Kenya?
Buyers can choose between two colours; the ‘Lemon Yellow’ President Ruto has been driving and an ‘Avocado Green’ option. The standard range car’s 17.3 KWh battery takes eight and a half hours to be fully charged while for the long-range version, its 26.7 KWh battery takes four hours to charge fully.