Best Dog In Kenya
If you are looking for the best dog breeds in Kenya, consider buying the German Shepherd, Chihuahua, Rottweiler, English Springer Spaniel, and the Boerboel.
How many dogs are in Kenya?
In Kenya, there are 5 to 6 million dogs, of which more than 80% are thought to be owned (ZDU, 2017). However, it is common practice to allow owned dogs to roam freely, as shown in several studies conducted in various Kenyan counties (Kitala et al., 2001; ZDU, 2014; Kwoba et al., 2019).
What is the national dog of Kenya?
The African wild dog (Lycaon pictus) is a canine which is a native species to sub-Saharan Africa. It is the largest wild canine in Africa, and the only extant member of the genus Lycaon, which is distinguished from Canis by dentition highly specialized for a hypercarnivorous diet, and by a lack of dewclaws.
What kind of dogs are in Kenya?
Dog breeds in Kenya
- The Boerboel – Kshs 10,000 to120,000.
- The Bulldog – Kshs 25,000 to 330,000.
- The Chihuahua – Kshs 8,000 to 40,000.
- The Dachshund – Kshs 20,000.
- The Doberman – Kshs 20,000 to100,000.
- The English Springer Spaniel – Kshs 20,000.
- The German Shepherd – Kshs 5,000 to 120,000.
- The Japanese Spitz – Kshs 10,000.