Berea College Scholarships 2019
Costs and Financial Aid for International Students
Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
In subsequent years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses. The College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
Accepted international students are expected to pay a $50 (US) entrance fee and a $2,200 (US) deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
All international students are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US $2,000 the first year) to cover personal expenses.
Apply as an International Student
International Application for Admission and Scholarship Packet
The Fall 2019 International Application for Admission is closed. The Fall 2020 application will be available in summer of 2019.
Berea College has a long history of welcoming students of all nationalities, religious faiths, races, and ethnicities. If you come to Berea, you will surely be welcomed. Admission to Berea College is competitive, and you will need to meet certain requirements to be considered. Please contact us with any questions. We are happy to assist you during your college search!
All of the following items are in the packet above, and must be mailed together to the Office of Admissions:
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.