Abt Associates Vacancy 2019
Analyst, Social and Economic Policy, Rockville, MD, or Cambridge, MA, United States
The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and the Food and Nutrition Service, among others.
Abt Associates is seeking an Analyst to support our Social and Economic Policy Division in Cambridge, MA, or Rockville, MD.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Applies general and specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and business operations in the field(s) of specialization. Using independent judgment and discretion applies standard and non-standard quantitative and/or qualitative methods and techniques
- Exercises initiative to refer complex non-routine matters. Coordinates information for review to ensure adherence to schedule, plans, goals and budgets. Independently analyzes issues to reconcile and resolve problems. Applies knowledge and experience of general operations, systems, and project procedures and in depth knowledge of subject matter
- May implement procedures for data collection, manipulation and analysis during all project phases. May participate in the establishment of new or revised systems, policies or methods
- Applies knowledge of intermediate to advanced programming, spreadsheets and database applications. Applies statistical programming applications including SAS. Use SAS (or in some cases possibly STATA) to clean and/or analyze data, create tables and graphs, etc. May validate data and/or perform statistical modeling and forecasting and trend analysis using creative judgment on assignments of moderate complexity
- Develops charts, graphs and presentations applying intermediate level application skills. May assist on high impact and complex projects. May manage project components, delegating and reviewing work for accuracy, and quality
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Technical and task management skills required
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS with 3 – 5 years of experience OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.